Thursday, March 5, 2009

iBook G4

Little bit of background. Erin's photography business is doing well enough that we finally needed her to upgrade from her trusty iBook G4 that we bought during college for writing papers. It just is not up to the task of Photoshop actions or managing large iPhoto libraries of RAW images. So what to do.
My brother Nate and his wife Erica are in a situation where Erica was is in need of a laptop and neither of them uses the G5 tower that has been just sitting in their living room. So what to do. We traded almost straight up. Part of the arrangement is that I needed to upgrade the laptop and put leopard on it so that is what I have been summoning the courage to do.
iBook G4 HDD replacement Now I think that I could have figured it all out and it would have worked fine, but i did wimp out and looked up a guide online. The guide at ifixit.com was amazing and I took it all apart and put it back together in a little less than 2 hours. Now that little laptop has an extra 256mb of memory and a 160GB hard drive for any kind of media library that Erica might want to have.

No comments: